Thanksgiving in July
Today I’m here to spur you to put a little Thanksgiving into your July and every other month of the year.
Why not begin your thanks giving—that’s two words—now instead of waiting for the fourth Thursday in November? Don’t wait to celebrate the date. Begin forthwith to celebrate the days.
Here are some simple ways you can start your
thanks giving now:
- Buy some beautiful thank you notes, fill them out and send them.
- Give everyone you connect with a compliment, and when someone gives you a compliment, say “thank you” instead of dismissing it.
- Say grace—at every meal—being thankful for your food, the means to buy and make it, and the farmers who grew it.
- Donate—to express your gratitude to the Universe for having more than enough.
- Thank others for who they are and what they do.
- Volunteer—as a way to acknowledge and share your God-given gifts.
- If you have a Facebook page, post three things you’re thankful for daily. No Facebook? Then post three on your refrigerator. The gratitude attitude is contagious, which is an excellent way to spread it.
- Never refuse a gift. Always be a grateful receiver.
- Look for the good in every corner of your day. You’re bound to find some daily. And, if you can’t find any, at the end of the day, be thankful it’s over and that you’ll be getting a brand new, fresh day tomorrow.
- Finally, remember to thank yourself. Thank your body for getting you around, laughing, and feeling good, or whatever it does for you. Thank yourself for your unique spirit and its contribution to the world, no matter how small you may believe it is.
I challenge you to try some of these ideas. If you start giving thanks today, you may have a new habit by the holiday. Just remember, it’s not happy people who are thankful; it’s thankful people who are happy.