A Most Delightful Season
Ella Fitzgerald’s 1968 hit “Summertime” begins with “Summertime and the livin’ is easy.” Today I’d like to change that to “Summertime and the livin’ is delightful.”
Summer is a beautiful time to fit in all the delightful you can. Here are a few suggestions.
· Go on a picnic. Pack a delicious spread of food, grab a cozy blanket, and head to a nearby park, beach, or scenic spot. Enjoy a leisurely picnic with friends or family, soaking up the sun and savoring good company.
· Explore nature. Take advantage of the pleasant weather and explore the natural beauty around you. Go hiking, biking, or walking in a local park, nature reserve, or countryside. Immerse yourself in the sights, sounds, and serenity of the great outdoors.
· Have a beach day where you can bask in the sun, swim in the lake, and build sandcastles. Or, relax on a beach towel, read a book, and play beach games with friends and family. Oh, and don’t forget the sunscreen!
· Join in outdoor sports and activities you enjoy or have wanted to try. For example, play beach volleyball, go kayaking or paddleboarding, try frisbee golf, or get on the Pickle Ball court.
· Explore nearby attractions and landmarks. Visit museums, historical sites, botanical gardens, or amusement parks. You just may discover some hidden gems and learn more about the culture and history of your region.
· Host a BBQ or summer gathering with family and friends. Fire up the grill, prepare delicious food, and create a festive atmosphere. Enjoying good food, conversation, and laughter is a great way to celebrate the joys of summer together.
· Finally, check out local events and festivals happening during the summer months. Music festivals, outdoor concerts, art exhibitions, or cultural celebrations offer opportunities to immerse yourself in the vibrant energy of the season and connect with the community.
These are just a few ideas, but there are countless other delightful activities to enjoy during the summer. So, embrace the warmth and beauty of the season, make the most of your free time, and create lasting memories.
Post a Comment